Night Auditor Job Overview
A night auditor is responsible for the overnight audit process and accounting functions such as daily reporting of revenues and accounts payables, transaction audits and verifications, and preparation of final statements for the next day’s check-outs. They may also perform reception duties for late-night guests. A night auditor is an essential position in hospitality from small bed and breakfasts to luxury hotels. Most positions are part-time and require flexible overnight hours.
Night Auditor Job Template
Night Auditor Job Summary
Are you a genuine people person who excels with numbers and has a passion for providing excellent customer service? Our property is seeking a night auditor to join our growing group of hospitality professionals. We provide the training, tools, and the team to help bring your career to the next level. If this sounds like an opportunity you’ll love, please send us your resume today!
Night Auditor Responsibilities
- Reconcile all credit card transactions, financial records, occupancy percentages, room charges, final bill preparation, and cash drawer activity after a thorough audit process
- Process additional administrative, bookkeeping. and accounting procedures as required
- Prepare and distribute daily, weekly, and monthly reports to general manager, department heads, and hotel management
- Respond to inquiries, process reservations and check-ins, delegate housekeeping, security, and service requests, resolve guest complaints, and other front office duties as required
- Provide exceptional service to all hotel guests during their stay
Night Auditor Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent required; some college preferred
- Previous hotel front desk, hospitality, guest services, or night audit experience is preferred, but not required
- Requires a flexible schedule that allows for overnight shift hours
- Must be computer proficient; experience with accounting or reservation software is a bonus
- Excellent customer service and communication skills are required
Night Auditor Compensation
$12.08 / hour (National Average)
Post Your Job Now
It only takes 2 minutes!
to post your ad!
Benefits of posting with us:
- Expert advice from hiring coaches
- Prime visibility on job boards like Indeed and ZipRecruiter
- Automated screening process with DISC
Night Auditor Ideal Candidate Profile
View the ideal candidate's DISC personality profile to hire the right fit.Learn More
Job template successfully copied to your clipboard!Post this job now with WizeHire
When you post with WizeHire...
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions
Ready to post your own job ad?
Begin with this template and post your job to 60+ job boards with help from one of our expert coaches.