Junior Underwriter Job Overview
A junior underwriter works under the supervision of an underwriter to evaluate an applicant’s creditworthiness and determine if a real estate mortgage loan should be granted. The main function of their position is to provide the necessary administrative support to complete the underwriting process to secure an applicant’s home mortgage and ensure all loan and underwriting conditions are resolved or satisfied. Junior underwriters generally work full time at a credit union, financial institution, or private mortgage loan lender.
Junior Underwriter Job Template
Junior Underwriter Job Summary
Are you great with numbers and enjoy helping people? Then we’d love to talk with you about our junior underwriter position. You’ll provide underwriting support to the team to ensure a helpful and happy home-buying experience for our customers. No experience? No problem. We’ll give you the tools and training you need to be successful in this entry-level role. If you’re ready to start your career in mortgage, reach out to us today!
Junior Underwriter Responsibilities
- Gather and verify documents in loan files, such as credit reports, loan applications, title policies, appraisals, and financial statements are current and accurate
- Serve as a liaison for the underwriter or underwriting team, and home mortgage loan officer
- Review all loan applications and disclosures for discrepancies and regulatory and compliance guidelines
- Prioritize, track, and manage the loan underwriting process in order to meet deadlines and ensure timely submission to the underwriting team
- Work with the underwriting team to perform credit analysis and determine repayment probability using risk management matrices
- Sign off on underwriting loan conditions according to underwriting guidelines
Junior Underwriter Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but will accept an associate’s degree with previous underwriting experience
- An understanding of real estate terminology, mortgage lending practices, and mortgage loan requirements (FHA, USDA, VA, Conventional, etc.) is a plus
- Strong attention to detail, data analysis, and excellent decision-making skills are desired
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills are preferred
Junior Underwriter Compensation
$61,612 (National Average)
Post Your Job Now
It only takes 2 minutes!
to post your ad!
Benefits of posting with us:
- Expert advice from hiring coaches
- Prime visibility on job boards like Indeed and ZipRecruiter
- Automated screening process with DISC
Junior Underwriter Ideal Candidate Profile
View the ideal candidate's DISC personality profile to hire the right fit.Learn More
Job template successfully copied to your clipboard!Post this job now with WizeHire
When you post with WizeHire...
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions
Ready to post your own job ad?
Begin with this template and post your job to 60+ job boards with help from one of our expert coaches.