Mortgage Underwriter Job Summary
A mortgage underwriter is responsible for deciding to approve or deny a mortgage loan. Mortgage underwriting is the process a lender uses to determine if the risk of offering a mortgage loan to a particular borrower under certain parameters is acceptable. Most of the risks and terms that underwriters consider fall under the 3 C's of underwriting: credit, capacity and collateral.
Mortgage Underwriter Job Template
Mortgage Underwriter Job Summary
We are seeking an experienced Mortgage Loan Underwriter to join our growing team. Attention to detail and the ability to dig deep are essential characteristics of our ideal candidate. The Mortgage Loan Underwriter will review all required documents, assess any risks, and make sure all requirements have been met in accordance with the latest industry standards.
When you come to work for our team you’ll find the true meaning of teamwork in action day in and day out. We roll up our sleeves and get the hard work done but we also leave time for a fun and relaxing atmosphere! We are big on work/life balance. You’ll also find great admin support and a competitive salary. If you’re ready to upgrade your career then please apply today!
Mortgage Underwriter Responsibilities
- Review all loan applications and supporting documents in order to ensure all necessary information is included
- Request additional information as needed on all documents to help determine loan risk
- Analyze all documents in detail so eligibility decisions are accurate
- Have in-depth knowledge of industry standards and company policies so compliance standards are met
- Communicate and document reasons for approval or rejection of loans so clients and loan officers are well informed
- Research applicant’s employment and financial history to help determine accuracy of application and documents
- Assist in training other staff members to ensure company standards are being met
Mortgage Underwriter Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, or a related field
- At least one year of experience in underwriting required
- Strong knowledge in mortgage loan processing and legal requirements
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office and automated underwriting systems
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized and able to prioritize
Mortgage Underwriter Compensation
$69,187 (National Average)
Hiring a Post Your Job Now
It only takes 2 minutes!
to post your ad!
Benefits of posting with us:
- Expert advice from hiring coaches
- Prime visibility on job boards like Indeed and ZipRecruiter
- Automated screening process with DISC
Mortgage Underwriter Ideal Candidate Profile
View the ideal candidate's DISC personality profile to hire the right fit.Learn More
Job template successfully copied to your clipboard!Post this job now with WizeHire
When you post with WizeHire...
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions
Ready to post your own job ad?
Begin with this template and post your job to 60+ job boards with help from one of our expert coaches.