Junior Loan Officer
Junior Loan Officer Job Overview
A junior loan officer works alongside a senior mortgage loan officer to find potential home loan mortgage applicants, help them navigate the loan process, and assist with preparing and closing the mortgage loan transaction. They counsel applicants on various loan products and mortgage programs, prepare loan packages that meet applicants’ specific financial needs, and collect, verify, and analyze financial data to determine an applicant’s creditworthiness and ability to repay a home mortgage loan. Many companies offer training programs for entry-level JLO positions with a lending or financial institution.
Junior Loan Officer Job Template
Junior Loan Officer Job Summary
Our lending team is experiencing tremendous growth and we are looking for a results-oriented junior loan officer who can generate new business and referrals and assist our senior loan officers in creating and closing loan packages. Lending or mortgage industry experience is not required but is a tremendous asset. If you are tenacious, driven, and love a fast-paced career that allows your communication and interpersonal skills to truly shine, please reach out to us with your resume today!
Junior Loan Officer Responsibilities
- Consult with potential loan applicants - answer questions and provide additional information about home loan products to create personal relationships
- Gather financial information to assist with loan applications, prepare loan files, and assess applicants’ financial situation and eligibility
- Communicate with the senior mortgage loan officer/ MLO to make a recommendation of which mortgage loan products are best suited depending on applicant’s financial status
- Monitor sales pipeline, meet sales expectations, get referrals, and generate new business opportunities
- Interface between loan processor, senior loan officer/ mortgage loan originator, underwriter, mortgage lender or mortgage banker, and realtors on behalf of the applicant as needed to ensure a successful loan transaction
Junior Loan Officer Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree is desired
- Previous experience in financial services, real estate, lending institutions, credit union, or related fields is valuable, but not required
- Knowledge of guidelines for loan programs and various types of loans such as FHA, commercial loans, VA, etc is an asset, but not required
- Must be willing to complete training program to obtain NMLS/ MLO/ state license
- Superb relationship, sales, communication, and MS Office skills are needed
Junior Loan Officer Compensation
$51,323 (National Average)
Post Your Job Now
Junior Loan Officer?
It only takes 2 minutes!
to post your ad!
Benefits of posting with us:
- Expert advice from hiring coaches
- Prime visibility on job boards like Indeed and ZipRecruiter
- Automated screening process with DISC
Junior Loan Officer Ideal Candidate Profile
View the ideal candidate's DISC personality profile to hire the right fit.Learn More
Job template successfully copied to your clipboard!Post this job now with WizeHire
When you post with WizeHire...
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions
Ready to post your own job ad?
Begin with this template and post your job to 60+ job boards with help from one of our expert coaches.