Mortgage Loan Officer
Loan Officer Job Summary
Mortgage Loan Officers or Loan Originators are people who work for banks or other financial institutions to judge individual and business loan applications for approval and participate in the front end of the mortgage origination process to purchase a home.
Loan Officer Job Template
Loan Officer Job Summary
Our company is strongly committed to providing the highest level of quality service to our members. We realize our outstanding, dedicated employees make it all happen. We are seeking a talented and motivated individual to join our strong organization and growing team as a Mortgage Loan Officer. The Mortgage Loan Officer is responsible for proactively soliciting and originating new residential mortgage loans to meet established loan quality and production goals. As a Mortgage Loan Officer, you will assume full responsibility to guide new home purchasers through the loan process from loan application to loan approval and settlement. You will prequalify prospective buyers, review financing options, and assist in repairing credit challenged purchasers as needed. You also serve as the primary point of contact for home buyers throughout the home buying process. We welcome your interest in employment with our family-oriented organization where we proudly offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and centrally located branches.
Loan Officer Responsibilities
- Schedule and conduct mortgage financing conversations with potential REALTORS®, banking, and home builder clients
- Be familiar with all aspects of the mortgage lending process
- Work closely with realtors, bankers, and home builders to ensure on-time closings
- Respond to all mortgage lending leads/requests
- Conduct interviews with prospective borrowers in order to analyze financial and credit data, determine financing objectives, discuss with borrowers product/pricing guidelines, and gather any additional required information
- Prepare mortgage loan applications including required supporting documentation for submission to underwriting
- Ensure exceptional member experience by providing on-going communication to applicants as necessary during various stages of the loan process
- Must maintain integrity with all member sensitive data
Loan Officer Qualifications
- 2+ years proven mortgage loan origination track record in the City/State area with a current NMLS license
- Experienced in Fannie, Freddie, FHA, USDA and VA lending
- Ability and personal expectation to regularly close 5 to 6 loans per month
- Independent self-starter ready to pull ahead in the mortgage lending business
- Be a team player who thrives working with a tight knit company where your activity directly affects the bottom line and you have access to senior leadership
- Enthusiastic with excellent people skills
- Ability to work efficiently and independently in a fast paced environment
Loan Officer Compensation
$80,000 (National Average)
Job template successfully copied to your clipboard!Post this job now with WizeHire
When you post with WizeHire...
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions
Ready to post your own job ad?
Begin with this template and post your job to 60+ job boards with help from one of our expert coaches.