Mortgage Loan Processor
Mortgage Loan Processor Job Summary
A mortgage loan processor gathers, prepares, and submits relevant information to evaluate a potential loan applicant’s creditworthiness and eligibility for commercial loans or real estate loans. Loan processors meet with applicants to understand their loan product needs and liaise between applicants, real estate agents, financial institutions/ lending institutions, lending underwriters, and mortgage loan officers. They verify and evaluate loan documentation such as debt-to-income ratios, credit reports, credit history, income sources, and property documents to prepare and submit detailed loan applications and loan file packages. Most mortgage processors work at a lending institution office.
Mortgage Loan Processor Job Template
Mortgage Loan Processor Job Summary
Are you an experienced, detail-oriented mortgage loan processor who can successfully aid applicants in navigating the mortgage lending process? If so, we are looking for you! We are currently seeking a skilled and high-producing mortgage processor to work with the mortgage loan officers on our team. If you’re interested in a dynamic position on a well-established and successful lending team, look no further; send in your resume today!
Mortgage Loan Processor Responsibilities
- Interview prospective loan applicants and assist them in finding the best loan products for their needs
- Work with the borrower to gather financial information such as credit reports, verify the accuracy to determine creditworthiness, and complete the mortgage loan application
- Order property and loan documentation such as appraisals, inspections, title searches, site surveys, contracts, and property tax records to help process mortgage loan files
- Prepare and submit detailed loan packages to the lender underwriting department for approval or denial
- Act as a liaison between applicants, mortgage brokers and loan officers, real estate agents, and mortgage lending underwriters to help further loan approval
- Ensure loan files meet lending and regulatory guidelines and policies
- Maintain detailed documentation of the process in our system - from origination to close
Mortgage Loan Processor Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED required - Associate’s degree in accounting, finance, or business preferred
- Minimum of 2+ years loan processing experience required
- Experience in mortgage lending and knowledge of loan types, such as FHA, FHLB, FNMA, or VA loans required
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and time management skills and superior attention to detail
Mortgage Loan Processor Compensation
$45,999 (National Average)
Post Your Job Now
Mortgage Loan Processor?
It only takes 2 minutes!
to post your ad!
Benefits of posting with us:
- Expert advice from hiring coaches
- Prime visibility on job boards like Indeed and ZipRecruiter
- Automated screening process with DISC
Mortgage Loan Processor Ideal Candidate Profile
View the ideal candidate's DISC personality profile to hire the right fit.Learn More
Job template successfully copied to your clipboard!Post this job now with WizeHire
When you post with WizeHire...
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions
Ready to post your own job ad?
Begin with this template and post your job to 60+ job boards with help from one of our expert coaches.