Mortgage Closer Job Overview
A mortgage closer assembles, inspects, and prepares all critical documentation needed to complete the real estate mortgage loan process. The loan closer works with lenders to evaluate and verify that all terms and closing conditions for the mortgage loan have been satisfied and then initiates the transfer of funds from the buyer to complete the transaction. Mortgage closers typically work full time in an office at a lending institution such as a bank or credit union, but can also be employed by smaller financial institutions such as a mortgage company or mortgage brokerage.
Mortgage Closer Job Template
Mortgage Closer Job Summary
We are looking to grow our organization by adding a mortgage closer to our tight-knit, performance-driven lending team. The ideal candidate will have years of experience processing, funding, or closing residential mortgages and possess strong problem-solving and organization skills. If you are looking for a lucrative position where your talents can truly shine, we invite you to apply today!
Mortgage Closer Responsibilities
- Collaborate with loan processor and loan officer or funder from origination to close to ensure loan closing
- Keep the loan calendar up to date with active mortgage closings
- Prepare, collect documentation, review and close loan packages or loan files
- Enter data on loan closing documents in a timely manner
- Confirm loan compliance with all state and federal regulations and policies, as well as investor/mortgage lending product and program guidelines
- Assure all information is correct and signed accurately in the closing documentation, third party orders, closing packages, and loan files
- Review all closing conditions are satisfied and executed according to closing instructions
- Prepare and execute the transfer of lender funds for disbursement
- Resolve any post closing issues immediately
Mortgage Closer Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Two years of real estate mortgage processing, lending, or closing experience preferred, years of experience with banking, credit unions, or financial services funding also accepted
- Knowledge of mortgage industry regulations from origination to post-closing; as well as an understanding of loan products such as Conventional, FHA, USDA, and VA are desired
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are essential
- Strong analysis, time management, and organization skills are desired
- Must have MS Office experience, lending or title software, NMLS experience is a plus.
Mortgage Closer Compensation
$46,004 (National Average)
Post Your Job Now
It only takes 2 minutes!
to post your ad!
Benefits of posting with us:
- Expert advice from hiring coaches
- Prime visibility on job boards like Indeed and ZipRecruiter
- Automated screening process with DISC
Mortgage Closer Ideal Candidate Profile
View the ideal candidate's DISC personality profile to hire the right fit.Learn More
Job template successfully copied to your clipboard!Post this job now with WizeHire
When you post with WizeHire...
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions
Ready to post your own job ad?
Begin with this template and post your job to 60+ job boards with help from one of our expert coaches.