Mortgage Processing Manager Job Description
Mortgage Processing Manager Job Overview
A mortgage processing manager directs the workflow and procedures of the loan processing team for residential real estate mortgages. They are responsible for recruiting, hiring, onboarding, training, motivating, and managing all members of the mortgage processing team, and ensuring that all team members adhere to regulatory compliance guidelines. Mortgage processing managers act as sales managers that set daily, monthly, quarterly, and yearly goals for the department and interface regularly with team stakeholders to assure the mortgage closing transaction progresses smoothly. They typically work full-time in an office environment at a mortgage lending institution, bank, or credit union, or at a mortgage company.
Mortgage Processing Manager Job Template
Mortgage Processing Manager Job Summary
Are you an experienced mortgage processing manager who has the skills and talent to build, train, and motivate a team of processing professionals to reach their fullest potential? If so, we are looking for you! The ideal candidate will serve as the subject matter expert for the team, be up to date on the mortgage industry, regulations, and guidelines, and be a skilled communicator with superb organization skills. If you’re looking for a leadership opportunity with growth potential please send us your resume today!
Mortgage Processing Manager Responsibilities
- Recruit, hire, onboard, train, direct, lead, and manage daily activities of mortgage loan processors, processing assistants and other team members
- Create a pipeline management process to forecast accurate home loan funding goals and metrics
- Assist, mentor, and motivate team members to exceed daily, monthly, quarterly, and yearly goals and KPIs
- Enforce adherence to all state and federal regulations, mortgage lending and underwriting guidelines, and RESPA requirements while verifying loan applications from prospective home buyers, creating loan files, and processing loan closings
- Resolve, escalate, or remedy customer service issues in a professional manner
- Maintain a positive work environment by developing helpful relationships with additional team stakeholders: mortgage loan officers, mortgage servicers, underwriters, and mortgage operations manager/branch managers to ensure a smooth loan process
Mortgage Processing Manager Qualifications
- High school diploma is required - Bachelor’s degree is desired Current NMLS Mortgage Loan Originator license preferred
- Working knowledge of the mortgage industry, loan products and programs (FHLMC, VA, FHA, FNMA, Jumbo, USDA, etc.), and state and federal regulations and laws (RESPA, etc)
- 3+ years management experience in mortgage operations, preferably in processing management, or as a sales manager or operations manager is ideal; 3-5 years of experience with high volume loan processing as a team lead in mortgage lending or mortgage banking, or at a credit union will also be accepted
- Superb organization, interpersonal, training, communication, and time management skills are required
- Proficiency with Google Suite, MS Office, as well as AUS and LOS software, are assets
Mortgage Processing Manager Compensation
$83,224 + commission (National Average)
Post Your Job Now
Mortgage Processing Manager?
It only takes 2 minutes!
to post your ad!
Benefits of posting with us:
- Expert advice from hiring coaches
- Prime visibility on job boards like Indeed and ZipRecruiter
- Automated screening process with DISC
Mortgage Processing Manager Ideal Candidate Profile
View the ideal candidate's DISC personality profile to hire the right fit.Learn More
Job template successfully copied to your clipboard!Post this job now with WizeHire
When you post with WizeHire...
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions
Ready to post your own job ad?
Begin with this template and post your job to 60+ job boards with help from one of our expert coaches.