Mortgage Accounting Clerk Job Description
Mortgage Accounting Clerk Job Overview
A mortgage accounting clerk assists mortgage loan officers by completing clerical tasks for real estate mortgage loans. They investigate and verify the accuracy of financial data and record transactions in accounting software and general ledgers. They also prepare reports for the mortgage lending team, reconcile transactional information, and input documentation to support accounts receivable and accounts payable data, such as deposits, receipts, invoices, and disbursements. Mortgage accounting clerks generally work full-time or part-time in an office environment for mortgage companies or financial institutions.
Mortgage Accounting Clerk Job Template
Mortgage Accounting Clerk Job Summary
Our lending team is currently growing and we are looking for a mortgage accounting clerk to join our organization. The successful candidate will have accounting or bookkeeping experience, a keen eye for details and discrepancies, and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment. If you’re a professional accountant interested in starting a career in the mortgage industry, please send us your resume today!
Mortgage Accounting Clerk Responsibilities
- Verify and input data such as legal description, mortgager name, loan number, loan amount, and payment amount into accounting software
- Prepare computations reports of monthly payments, taxes, principal, interest, and insurance for real estate mortgage loans
- Update and reconcile financial records such as invoices, disbursements, receipts, credit card transactions, third party payments, and expense vouchers into accounting software
- Manage accounts payable and accounts receivable transactions, and bank deposits in the general ledger
- Alert accounting manager or mortgage loan officer of any discrepancies on loan applications or financial records
- Provide general clerical support and complete clerical duties to the accounting department
Mortgage Accounting Clerk Qualifications
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent is required; some college is desired
- Previous accounting experience is needed; experience as a bookkeeper, loan clerk, staff accountant, or human resources is preferred
- Ability to organize and multi-task is crucial
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and a keen eye for detail are desired
- 10-key data entry and computer experience, especially Microsoft Excel and accounting software such as QuickBooks are needed
Mortgage Accounting Clerk Compensation
$16.44 / hour (National Average)
Post Your Job Now
Mortgage Accounting Clerk?
It only takes 2 minutes!
to post your ad!
Benefits of posting with us:
- Expert advice from hiring coaches
- Prime visibility on job boards like Indeed and ZipRecruiter
- Automated screening process with DISC
Other Related Jobs
Mortgage Accounting Clerk Ideal Candidate Profile
View the ideal candidate's DISC personality profile to hire the right fit.Learn More
Job template successfully copied to your clipboard!Post this job now with WizeHire
When you post with WizeHire...
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions
Ready to post your own job ad?
Begin with this template and post your job to 60+ job boards with help from one of our expert coaches.