Mortgage Closing Manager
Mortgage Closing Manager Job Overview
A mortgage closing manager oversees and directs the activities of a mortgage loan closing team. They are responsible for hiring, training, and leading closing department staff, overseeing day-to-day operations of the closing department, and ensuring the accuracy and compliance of post-closing mortgage files and documentation in accordance with investor lending guidelines and state and federal regulations. Mortgage closing managers generally work full time at financial institutions such as banks, credit unions, or title companies, but may also work for smaller firms that specialize in real estate or residential mortgage loan lending.
Mortgage Closing Manager Job Template
Mortgage Closing Manager Job Summary
Are you an organized and tenacious mortgage closing manager with strong team-building skills? Our company is growing quickly, and we are looking for an experienced closing manager to direct and oversee the efforts of our team of closing professionals. The ideal candidate will have years of closing, funding, or lending experience and a background in human resources, sales, or operations management. If you think you are a match and are looking for a lucrative opportunity with an established team that holds a commitment to excellence, please send us your resume today!
Mortgage Closing Manager Responsibilities
- Direct day-to-day management, attendance, training, hiring, recruiting, and performance reviews for all staff including underwriters, closing specialists, and post-closing managers
- Interface professionally with title companies, clients, real estate agents, mortgage loan officers, and mortgage lenders to ensure a successful close
- Elevate service levels for customers by assisting in the application process, overseeing all mortgage loan closings, and completing all post-closing requirements quickly
- Ensure future salability and quality control of residential mortgage loans and refinances by adhering to all lender underwriting guidelines and federal and state regulations
- Examine and implement closing processes as required to maintain accurate loan files, settlement statements, and closing documents
Mortgage Closing Manager Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent required - Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Previous experience ( 3-5 years) in origination, mortgage lending, loan processing, or mortgage banking required
- Active notary and NMLS license are preferred
- Management experience in human resources, or as operations or sales manager is needed
- Understanding of lending industry trends and various mortgage products such as FHA, USDA, Conventional, etc is needed
- Exceptional communication, supervision, math, customer service, and organization skills are required
Mortgage Closing Manager Compensation
$83,224 + commission (National Average)
Post Your Job Now
Mortgage Closing Manager?
It only takes 2 minutes!
to post your ad!
Benefits of posting with us:
- Expert advice from hiring coaches
- Prime visibility on job boards like Indeed and ZipRecruiter
- Automated screening process with DISC
Mortgage Closing Manager Ideal Candidate Profile
View the ideal candidate's DISC personality profile to hire the right fit.Learn More
Job template successfully copied to your clipboard!Post this job now with WizeHire
When you post with WizeHire...
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions
Ready to post your own job ad?
Begin with this template and post your job to 60+ job boards with help from one of our expert coaches.