Mortgage Loan Officer Assistant Job Description
Mortgage Loan Officer Assistant Job Overview
A mortgage loan officer assistant works under the direct supervision of a mortgage loan officer (MLO) or mortgage loan originator. They are responsible for facilitating the accurate and timely completion of home real estate loan applications including making initial contact and follow-ups with clients, gathering information for new loan underwriting, providing support throughout the mortgage loan application process, and performing administrative duties. They generally work at a mortgage company and interface with their mortgage loan officer, underwriters, realtors, and prospective buyers.
Mortgage Loan Officer Assistant Job Template
Mortgage Loan Officer Assistant Job Summary
We’re searching for a detail-oriented mortgage loan officer assistant. This position will play a vital part in communicating with referral partners, current and past clients, real estate agents, lenders, and underwriters to nurture relationships and develop new business. You will facilitate the completion of real estate loan applications, collect, analyze, and review supporting loan documentation in accordance with loan guidelines, and provide support throughout the loan application process. If you’re interested in joining a team that empowers employees, clients, and partners to help them reach their goals, apply today!
Mortgage Loan Officer Assistant Responsibilities
- Serve as the primary contact and liaison between clients, branch manager, and assigned loan originator and conduct meetings to coordinate any follow-up items
- Coordinate and prepare documentation necessary for verifications and underwriting such as loan files, loan packages, credit reports, and additional mortgage application paperwork
- Review all loan package documentation for discrepancies, omissions, and income calculation then report any discrepancies to the loan originator
- Follow up and respond to customer and in-house inquiries on transactions as needed in order to provide superior customer service
- Screen and make calls, book appointments and provide administrative support as needed
Mortgage Loan Officer Assistant Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent required. College degree in finance or banking preferred
- At least 2-3 years of professional office environment required, preferably as an administrative or mortgage assistant
- Possess an understanding of different loan products, such as conventional loans, FHA, VA, adjustable/ fixed, commercial loans, etc.
- Highly motivated and goal-oriented with excellent customer service and communication skills
- Computer proficiency required including MS Office; some CRM, MLS, DU, and proprietary mortgage software preferred
- NMLS license or training is not required, but is desired
Mortgage Loan Officer Assistant Compensation
$48,614 (National Average)
Post Your Job Now
Mortgage Loan Officer Assistant?
It only takes 2 minutes!
to post your ad!
Benefits of posting with us:
- Expert advice from hiring coaches
- Prime visibility on job boards like Indeed and ZipRecruiter
- Automated screening process with DISC
Mortgage Loan Officer Assistant Ideal Candidate Profile
View the ideal candidate's DISC personality profile to hire the right fit.Learn More
Job template successfully copied to your clipboard!Post this job now with WizeHire
When you post with WizeHire...
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions
Ready to post your own job ad?
Begin with this template and post your job to 60+ job boards with help from one of our expert coaches.