Real Estate Appraiser
Real Estate Appraiser Job Overview
A real estate appraiser provides an objective valuation of real property (appraisal) to assist those who own, rent, sell, manage, lend, or invest in commercial real estate or residential real estate properties. Appraisers utilize public record and assessor information and on-site property visits to determine the current property value for real property sale and purchase, as well as income potential of proposed real estate property investments. Appraisers may work as employees in government agencies, staff at financial institutions, or independent contractors who work solely on commission.
Real Estate Appraiser Job Template
Real Estate Appraiser Job Summary
We are looking for a detail-oriented certified real estate appraiser to join our well established and dynamic team. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of providing consistent, high-quality appraisals for properties in a fast-paced environment. If you are looking for a lucrative opportunity with the flexibility and support to help you succeed, we should talk today.
Real Estate Appraiser Responsibilities
- Research information such as comparable homes, public records, legal descriptions, and tax records from local government and assessors
- Analyze collected data to determine the current property’s value and potential future value
- Visit the residential property or office building to conduct appraisal inspection and note special features of the property, property condition, and nearby properties that may impact property value
- Prepare the necessary appraisal reports to show assessment results
- Stay abreast with all current standards, building codes, real estate market best practices, real estate law, and regulations
- Work with industry professionals such as real estate agents, assessors, real estate brokers, lenders or financial institutions, and mortgage underwriters, as needed
Real Estate Appraiser Qualifications
- Some college required - bachelor’s degree preferred with coursework in finance, computer science, real estate law, math, communications, and economics
- State license or certification from a reputable appraisal organization such as Appraisal Institute or the Appraisal Foundation is required
- Minimum of 2 years working experience as a residential or commercial real estate appraiser, assessor of real estate, or related experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong research, analytical, problem-solving, and time-management skills required
- Computer proficient, knowledge of MS Office and other relevant software required
Real Estate Appraiser Compensation
$59,182 (National Average)
Post Your Job Now
Real Estate Appraiser?
It only takes 2 minutes!
to post your ad!
Benefits of posting with us:
- Expert advice from hiring coaches
- Prime visibility on job boards like Indeed and ZipRecruiter
- Automated screening process with DISC
Other Related Jobs
Real Estate Appraiser Ideal Candidate Profile
View the ideal candidate's DISC personality profile to hire the right fit.Learn More
Job template successfully copied to your clipboard!Post this job now with WizeHire
When you post with WizeHire...
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions
Ready to post your own job ad?
Begin with this template and post your job to 60+ job boards with help from one of our expert coaches.