Real Estate Photographer / Videographer Job Description Template
This Real Estate Photographer Videographer Job Description Template is optimized to get the best results from posting to online job boards or careers pages and is easily modifiable. Feel free to customize this sample with your firm’s unique content.
Job Titles (pick one)
• Real Estate Photographer and Videographer
• Real Estate Photographer
• Photographer Videographer
Example Job Description #1
We are seeking a professional candidate who possesses expertise in all phases of photography with an emphasis on pre-production and production. Our Real Estate business is growing so fast we can hardly keep up. We have an immediate opening for a Full Time Real Estate Photographer to photograph the homes of our clients and also our team and events.
We are hiring those who are committed to excellence, being a team player and are willing to ask for help when needed. Must also be highly self-motivated and have a sense of humor. You should be super smart, an organizer, a fast learner, a positive person, and a great communicator able to find creative solutions while being polite, polished, professional and discreet.
The role requires an eye for good composition as well as empathetic communication skills with talent and staff. The ability to work hand in hand with senior team members and shooters to conceptualize, storyboard, organize and capture footage for various initiatives is a critical skill. The ideal candidate will be detail and deadline oriented and be an exceptional multi-tasker.
Include some sample work (LINK TO PORTFOLIO) and a detailed list of the equipment that you use in the cover letter.
We prefer experience, but we are willing to hire and train a rising entry-level star.
Example Job Description #2
We have an immediate opening for a Full Time Real Estate Photographer to photograph the homes of our clients and also our team and events. You should be super smart, an organizer, a fast learner, a positive person, and a great communicator able to find creative solutions while being polite, polished, professional and discreet.
You’ll work independently photographing homes of our seller clients and doing some portrait photography of our team and events. Full time work may include up to 3-4 shoots per day while part time work may include up to 1-2 shoots per day. Flexible schedules are necessary and day time shoots are typical (some Twilight hours, Saturday, and Sunday shoots necessary but are not the norm). Generally, the photographer will be on location between 1 and 3 hours. We offer an exciting atmosphere in a people-oriented business.
Job Responsibilities (pick 3-6 responsibilities)
• Photograph homes listed for sale to meet the online marketing and print needs of Realtors and their Brokerage firm
• Meet brokers/clients on site and perform photo session
• Label and upload images to our in-house studio, the same day of the shoot
• Take photo shoots of interior space of residences – common room, living room, bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchen, etc., and show the flow of the space
• Ensure good photo composition, angles and positioning of the space taken
• Be available for multiple shoots a week
• Have a strong real estate portfolio
• Photography of real estate properties
• Editing and manipulating photos for lighting, contrast, and watermarks
• Video real estate properties
• Edit videos for web content with navigation structures and text/graphic overlays
• Help homeowners stage their homes to achieve the best visual results
• Training real estate agents on taking photos, video, and basic manipulation
• Assistance with web marketing tools and social media
Job Qualifications (pick 3-6 qualifications)
• Possess a good driving record and reliable transportation
• Own a reliable computer and smart phone, and have high speed Internet connection
• The ability to prioritize multiple tasks, follow detailed instructions, and balance multiple deadlines
• Maintaining tact, finesse, discretion and empathy for the client’s concerns in sometimes stressful situations
• Good computer skills are a must including high technical proficiency in computing, multiple software platforms and mobile technology
• Have an eye when it comes to color, luminosity balance and overall photographic quality
• Real Estate Photography Experience is a plus, but we will train the right person
• Have a comprehensive knowledge of photography, lenses, lighting, video equipment
• Be familiar with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Creative Suite
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience (or nearing completion of a degree)
• Able to work during regular business hours but also be flexible to accommodate homeowners
• Be comfortable working with many different kinds of people
• Able to take constructive feedback and make adjustments
Salaries for Real Estate Photographers can vary. To find out competitive compensation in your area, click here.