Sales Manager Job Overview
A sales manager guides and leads a sales team at an organization. They manage their sales team, assign sales territories, develop sales strategies and sales objectives, and set sales quotas and sales targets to achieve sales goals. The sales manager is also responsible for evaluating the performance of the sales staff and overseeing lead generation programs to ensure the best return on investment.
Sales Manager Job Template
Sales Manager Job Summary
Do you love meeting people, taking on new challenges, and seeing your hard work pay off? We’re in search of a driven, motivating sales manager to help our team achieve our sales goals. You’ll be responsible for setting our sales strategy and targets, cultivating our sales staff, evaluating their progress, and ensuring we hit our sales goals. Job seekers should be leaders, innovators, hard workers, and team players.
Sales Manager Responsibilities
- Set our sales strategies and sales objectives to achieve our sales goals
- Manage our sales team by creating a sales plan for each sales representative, setting individual sales targets, assigning sales territories, and overseeing ongoing training programs to set the team up for success
- Evaluate the team’s sales performance and offer advice on continuous improvement
- Cultivate long-lasting customer relationships to meet customer needs, and mitigate any complaints to ensure continued business
- Present sales reports to the team that accurately represent sales efforts including sales progress and volume to more accurately forecast future goals
- Identify new sales opportunities, emerging markets, and lead generation programs to keep us growing
Sales Manager Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in sales management as a sales executive or in a leadership role in the sales department
- Proven track record of sales success
- Excellent leadership skills, analytical skills, and communication skills
Sales Manager Compensation
$75,308 (National Average)
Post Your Job Now
It only takes 2 minutes!
to post your ad!
Benefits of posting with us:
- Expert advice from hiring coaches
- Prime visibility on job boards like Indeed and ZipRecruiter
- Automated screening process with DISC
Other Related Jobs
Sales Manager Ideal Candidate Profile
View the ideal candidate's DISC personality profile to hire the right fit.Learn More
Job template successfully copied to your clipboard!Post this job now with WizeHire
When you post with WizeHire...
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions
Ready to post your own job ad?
Begin with this template and post your job to 60+ job boards with help from one of our expert coaches.