Customer Service Representative Job Description
Customer Service Representative Job Overview
A customer service representative interfaces with customers on behalf of a company. They provide overall customer support, respond to incoming calls, answer questions, process orders, and mitigate service problems to achieve customer satisfaction. A customer service representative may work in a call center or an office.
Customer Service Representative Job Template
Customer Service Representative Job Summary
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, highly-motivated customer service representative to provide an excellent experience to our customers. Job seekers should have a background in service, and exceptional communication, listening, and problem-solving skills. If you love interacting with people and you’re interested in new opportunities, career growth, and a positive, fast-paced work environment, we want to hear from you!
Customer Service Representative Responsibilities
- Answer incoming calls on product and service questions, customer complaints, and general customer inquiries
- Keep customer satisfaction levels high by providing accurate information, resolving issues, and mitigating complaints
- Create records of customer interactions and follow up to ensure all questions have been answered
- Maintain customer accounts and update with new account information as needed
- Work closely with the sales lead to stay up-to-date on service and product knowledge
- Identify common customer issues and bring them to the attention of the team
- Utilize scripts to handle difficult customer situations and bring them higher up, if necessary
Customer Service Representative Qualifications
- High school diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent
- Experience working in a customer-oriented atmosphere
- Excellent active listening, interpersonal, and communication skills
Customer Service Representative Compensation
$13.10/hour (National Average)
Post Your Job Now
Customer Service Representative?
It only takes 2 minutes!
to post your ad!
Benefits of posting with us:
- Expert advice from hiring coaches
- Prime visibility on job boards like Indeed and ZipRecruiter
- Automated screening process with DISC
Job template successfully copied to your clipboard!Post this job now with WizeHire
When you post with WizeHire...
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions
Ready to post your own job ad?
Begin with this template and post your job to 60+ job boards with help from one of our expert coaches.