Receptionist Job Overview
A receptionist is usually the first point of contact at an organization. They greet visitors, clients, and employees, screen telephone calls, answer emails, schedule appointments, handle deliveries, make travel arrangements, and perform other necessary duties to ensure the business runs smoothly. They may also assist with administrative tasks such as data entry or paperwork.
Receptionist Job Template
Receptionist Job Summary
Are you a talented multitasker who loves interacting with people? We’re looking for a positive and professional receptionist to be the face of our local business. You’ll welcome visitors, clients, and fellow employees, answer phone calls and emails, sort and deliver mail, schedule meetings, make travel arrangements, and assist us with other operations as needed. The ideal candidate is a great communicator with a strong work ethic who is interested in a meaningful role on a supportive team. If this sounds like you, apply today!
- Greet visitors, clients, and fellow employees when they arrive at the front desk and provide them with any necessary directions or information
- Keep the front office secure by ensuring all visitors follow the proper sign-in procedures
- Answer phone calls and emails and communicate relevant information to the appropriate parties
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail and handle deliveries
- Schedule appointments and ensure the business calendar is accurate and up-to-date
- Book travel arrangements and prepare itineraries so off-site meetings go smoothly
- Provide administrative support to other team members with data entry, paperwork, photocopying, etc. when needed
- High school diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent
- 1 year of experience as a receptionist, administrative assistant, guest service specialist, or similar position preferred
- Comfortable taking telephone calls and mitigating stressful situations
- Excellent interpersonal skills, organizational skills, customer service skills, and verbal communication skills
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
$13.51/hour (National Average)
Post Your Job Now
It only takes 2 minutes!
to post your ad!
Benefits of posting with us:
- Expert advice from hiring coaches
- Prime visibility on job boards like Indeed and ZipRecruiter
- Automated screening process with DISC
Receptionist Ideal Candidate Profile
View the ideal candidate's DISC personality profile to hire the right fit.Learn More
Job template successfully copied to your clipboard!Post this job now with WizeHire
When you post with WizeHire...
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions
Ready to post your own job ad?
Begin with this template and post your job to 60+ job boards with help from one of our expert coaches.