Paralegal Job Summary
A paralegal, legal assistant, or legal secretary performs delegated legal work under the responsibility of an attorney or the direct supervision of a lawyer. They are responsible for preparing and maintaining legal documents and correspondence, filing motions, interviewing clients, coordinating law office activity, preparing retainers, and conducting legal research as it pertains to cases. A paralegal works at a law firm, corporate legal department, or government agency.
Paralegal Job Template
Paralegal Job Summary
We’re looking for an organized, detail-oriented, and experienced paralegal to play an important role on our legal team. You’ll draft legal documents such as affidavits, prepare briefs, conduct legal research for trial preparation, and keep case files and other important information neatly organized and easily accessible. If you’re interested in advancing your paralegal career with opportunities for growth, we want to hear from you.
- Prepare legal documents, correspondence, and pleadings such as complaints, interrogatories, subpoenas, deposition notices, pretrial orders, legal briefs, and affidavits, under the supervision of a lawyer
- Help lawyers prepare for trial by preparing and organizing exhibits, assisting with client meetings, filing motions, conducting research on legal articles, and organizing and coordinating witnesses
- Conduct interviews with clients to gather information about their legal issues
- Coordinate law office activity, including the drafting subpoenas and coordinating with process servers
- Perform administrative duties such as answering phone calls and keeping our case filing system organized so all documents are readily accessible
- Candidates must have completed an ABA-approved paralegal certificate program such as an Associate’s degree or proprietary school program in paralegal studies, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3 years of experience in legal services under an attorney or lawyer in a law firm setting
- Completion of a nationally-accredited paralegal program strongly preferred
- Excellent organizational skills, and time-management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
$51,134 (National Average)
Hiring a Post Your Job Now
It only takes 2 minutes!
to post your ad!
Benefits of posting with us:
- Expert advice from hiring coaches
- Prime visibility on job boards like Indeed and ZipRecruiter
- Automated screening process with DISC
Other Related Jobs
Paralegal Ideal Candidate Profile
View the ideal candidate's DISC personality profile to hire the right fit.Learn More
Job template successfully copied to your clipboard!Post this job now with WizeHire
When you post with WizeHire...
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions
Ready to post your own job ad?
Begin with this template and post your job to 60+ job boards with help from one of our expert coaches.