This Real Estate Administrative Assistant job description template is optimized for posting to online job boards or careers pages and is easily modifiable. Feel free to customize this sample with your firm’s unique content.
Administrative Assistant Job Titles (pick one)
• Administrative Assistant
• Transaction Coordinator / Administrative Assistant
• Full-time Office Assistant
• Part-time Office Assistant
• Office Manager / Administrative Assistant
• Director of First Impressions / Administrative Assistant
Example Job Description #1
We are a top producing, high-energy residential brokerage firm and are in need of an Administrative Assistant with equal energy and enthusiasm. This organized professional helps our team service our clients with seamless, top-notch customer service from contract to close allowing our sales staff to focus on what they do best: convert leads into clients and negotiate successful deals resulting in increased commission!
We are seeking someone who enjoys people and excels at building relationships both in person and over the phone. Proficiency with computers and technology and possessing the ability to learn new applications quickly are also necessary qualities.
Attention to detail, a systematic approach, creative problem solving, and exemplary customer service and communication skills are necessary to assist the team’s efforts in servicing our clients.
Example Job Description #2
We are seeking an experienced Administrative Assistant who is passionate about helping us reach our objectives and supporting the team.
The ideal candidate will have experience in administration in a real estate office environment. You’ll support both our real estate admin team and our co-working/executive suite leasing business. You are a “doer” and when needing to get a lot of things done, they get done! You are organized with details along with an ability to look at the big picture. You keep everyone up to speed with all the details, come up with ideas that are researched in advance and follow through is your middle name. You earn respect and show respect, have a high capacity to manage multiple projects with a “bring it on” attitude, self-motivated and find time to learn in spite of your busy schedule.
In supporting our agency, you’ll be in charge of operations and procedures including customer service, sales and billing, execute membership contracts, answer phone inquiries, manage the shared meeting room schedule, stock office supplies as needed, negotiate with vendors, create office procedure checklists to name just a few responsibilities.
You understand that you may not have the skills to do every task, but comprehend the importance of all of them and accept the responsibility of finding others to get the job done. World class service is a concept that you understand and implement.
Awareness of and the tenacity to use money wisely is a cornerstone of this work. You are budget-minded and always looking for ways to network with vendors and other talent in a leveraged way. You know how to work with lots of personalities and don’t get your feelings hurt, always seeking to understand rather than be understood.
You like to document and follow through and love systems that make your job easier. You enjoy customer contact and solving problems, with a desire to be excellent in all you do. You are a long term, mature person who is loyal in their relationships and job history.
Job Responsibilities (pick 3-6 responsibilities)
• Build, implement and manage all systems for clients, lead generation, database management and back office support
• Coordinate marketing events and client activities
• Oversee all listing files and listing marketing (brochures, flyers, online marketing, etc.)
• Manage website, blog sites and social media
• Act as a liaison between clients and agents
• Participate in company-provided training sessions
• Compile and distribute weekly/monthly reports to clients (buyers and sellers)
• Manage contract to close process
• Create and maintain an operations manual that documents all systems and standards
• Be the first point of contact in handling customer inquiries and complaints
• Create, maintain and utilize a complete lead follow-up system
• Keep agent informed about challenges and issues that need to be handled
• Provide concierge level customer service to clients and customers
• Work with all preferred vendors, including professional photographers, contractors, etc.
• Enter critical dates for property sales on shared Google Calendar
• Shall send out weekly reminders of upcoming critical dates via email
• Work with the title company as a secondary liaison on any necessary information/documentation to help get the property to a successful closing
• Coordinate seller listing sign installation and removal at the appropriate times
• Schedule photographers for all seller listings
• Continue to take day to day office tasks away from agent, organizing workflow and reducing inefficiencies
Job Qualifications (pick 3-6 qualifications)
• Technologically savvy and able to learn new programs quickly and able to troubleshoot common issues; proficiency in Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Internet skills
• Have excellent attention to detail and high-level accuracy with documents
• Concerned with doing things the right way the first time
• Flexible in daily routine; ability to prioritize and manage shifting responsibilities
• Ability to assess, prioritize and act quickly
• Learning based and solution oriented
• Deadline driven and extremely organized
• Open to new ideas and systems
• Able to stay calm and patient when faced with emotional situations
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; can empathize and build relationships with a variety of personalities
• Continue to maintain the good will and reputation of the entire team
• Able to make quick and effective decisions, solve problems, as well as maintain confidentiality
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient in time management
• A true professional, who supports the entire team in achieving their goals
Salaries for administrative assistants can vary. To find out competitive compensation in your area, click here.