An insurance customer service representative manages insurance company inquiries, resolves service problems, documents customer requests, and finalizes policy adjustments. Additionally, they assist insurance agents and sales representatives in resolving customer complaints. They serve customers through inbound and outbound calls and call transfers for service transactions. An insurance customer service representative usually works full-time in an insurance office or call center.
Personality types of a Insurance Customer Service Representative
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Insurance Customer Service Representative
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Methodical. Orderly and systematic.
- Personable. Easy to get along with.
- Dependable. Able to be relied upon.
- Flexible. Open to different ways of trying things.
Motivators for a Insurance Customer Service Representative
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Aesthetic: A drive for harmony, balance, and peace. To tend to the aesthetic drive, allow them to create their own processes that make their work environment more enjoyable.
- Altruistic: A caring drive to benefit and support others. To tend to the altruistic drive, acknowledge them for doing extra work, and going above and beyond their job description.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, provide structure and standard operating procedures when it comes to dealing with customers in order to be consistent.
Hiring an Insurance Customer Service Representative?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 100+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions