Certified Public Accountant Job Description
Certified Public Accountant Job Overview
A certified public accountant is a licensed accountant who helps businesses balance their finances. They oversee a company’s financial planning, review financial data, audit financial reports, and make strategic, data-driven recommendations based on the company’s financial status regarding strategic planning, budget, and fraud prevention. A certified public accountant may work for a company as an individual or as a part of a public accounting firm.
Certified Public Accountant Job Template
Certified Public Accountant Job Summary
We’re looking for a highly-motivated, career-minded certified public accountant to help us run our business with financial clarity and confidence. Your job duties will include overseeing our financial planning by ensuring the accuracy of our financial information, preparing financial reports, maintaining our general ledger, and optimizing our business with data-driven recommendations. If you love flexing your analytical skills and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, we’d love to hear from you.
Certified Public Accountant Responsibilities
- Bookkeeping: Analyze our company’s financial information including financial transactions, profit and loss statements, balance sheets, and other documents to ensure accuracy and compliance with laws and regulations
- Perform regular business administration, financial reporting, and keep all financial records, financial documents, and accounting systems up to date
- Play a key role in strategic planning and organizational budget
- Make recommendations to improve the financial health of our organization
- Conduct internal auditing
- Oversee accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Establish accounting policies and procedures to ensure the business runs smoothly
- Forecast revenue and analyze our profit margin to better determine our effectiveness
- Liaise with tax accountants to track payments and returns
Certified Public Accountant Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field, Master’s degree preferred but not required
- Passed the uniform CPA examination from the AICPA and possess a CPA certification in compliance with the state board of accountancy regulations
- 2+ years of work experience in accounting services, financial services, or similar field
- Strong understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Excellent time management, problem-solving, and communication skills
Certified Public Accountant Compensation
$73,039 (National Average)
Post Your Job Now
Certified Public Accountant?
It only takes 2 minutes!
to post your ad!
Benefits of posting with us:
- Expert advice from hiring coaches
- Prime visibility on job boards like Indeed and ZipRecruiter
- Automated screening process with DISC
Other Related Jobs
Job template successfully copied to your clipboard!Post this job now with WizeHire
When you post with WizeHire...
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions
Ready to post your own job ad?
Begin with this template and post your job to 60+ job boards with help from one of our expert coaches.