Accountant Job Overview
An accountant maintains a company's financial information. They analyze financial data and financial records for accuracy and use accounting software to prepare financial statements and financial reports. An accountant may work for a company as an individual or as a part of a public accounting firm.
Accountant Job Template
Accountant Job Summary
We are looking for a skilled accountant to play a key role on our growing team. You’ll be responsible for recording all our financial transactions including purchases, sales, receipts, and payments, and posting information to accounting journals and QuickBooks. The ideal candidate is a strong team player, detail-oriented, and highly organized. If this sounds like work you’ll love, we’re waiting eagerly for your application!
- Bookkeeping: Enter data, maintain records and produce financial reports
- Prepare all financial statements and bank reconciliations
- Record day-to-day financial transactions and complete the posting process
- Verify that transactions are recorded in the correct daybook, suppliers ledger, customer ledger, and general ledger
- Process accounts receivable and accounts payable in a timely manner
- Manage payroll duties to ensure employees are paid on time
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- 2+ years of work experience at an accounting firm or as a bookkeeper, cost accountant, management accountant, or similar position
- Strong understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Experience with Excel, QuickBooks, and basic accounting systems
- Excellent time management, problem-solving, and communication skills
$54,558 (National Average)
Post Your Job Now
It only takes 2 minutes!
to post your ad!
Benefits of posting with us:
- Expert advice from hiring coaches
- Prime visibility on job boards like Indeed and ZipRecruiter
- Automated screening process with DISC
Other Related Jobs
Job template successfully copied to your clipboard!Post this job now with WizeHire
When you post with WizeHire...
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions
Ready to post your own job ad?
Begin with this template and post your job to 60+ job boards with help from one of our expert coaches.