Janitor Job Summary
A janitor or custodian is responsible for the maintenance duties of a building. Cleaning duties typically including vacuuming, mopping, scrubbing restrooms, shampooing carpets, and performing minor or major repairs as needed. They usually work in schools, hospitals, and business offices.
Janitor Job Template
Janitor Job Summary
We’re looking to hire a hard-working janitor who can maintain the cleanliness and safety of our building. You’ll be responsible for all cleaning duties including vacuuming, mopping, scrubbing restrooms with soapy water, and shampooing carpets, in addition to maintenance tasks such as replacing light bulbs and emptying trash. The ideal candidate has a great work ethic, experience with cleaning equipment and supplies, and takes pride in a job well done.
- Maintain the cleanliness and safety of the building
- Vacuum carpets, mop floors, scrub restrooms, dust furniture, and empty trash cans daily
- Clean windows, shampoo carpets, replace light bulbs, and supply restrooms, and perform minor repairs on a regular basis
- Wipe up spills and other hazards with sponges and squeegees
- Secure building by locking doors once cleaning is complete
- Write reports of areas cleaned and notify the manager of major repairs
- Educational requirements include a high school diploma or equivalent
- At least 1 years of experience in janitorial services
- Driver’s license or reliable transportation to and from the worksite
- Experience with a variety of cleaning supplies and cleaning equipment
- Excellent stamina and physical health
- Must be a hard-worker with high attention to detail and have a strong work ethic
$11.47/hour (National Average)
Hiring a Post Your Job Now
It only takes 2 minutes!
to post your ad!
Benefits of posting with us:
- Expert advice from hiring coaches
- Prime visibility on job boards like Indeed and ZipRecruiter
- Automated screening process with DISC
Other Related Jobs
Janitor Ideal Candidate Profile
View the ideal candidate's DISC personality profile to hire the right fit.Learn More
Job template successfully copied to your clipboard!Post this job now with WizeHire
When you post with WizeHire...
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions
Ready to post your own job ad?
Begin with this template and post your job to 60+ job boards with help from one of our expert coaches.