Construction bookkeepers oversee the financial data and accounting practices of companies that work in the construction industry. They manage the general ledger and all financial transactions, oversee the accounts payables and receivables process, and maintain updated and accurate financial records, tax reports, balance sheets, annual budgets, and financial statements. Construction bookkeepers work with project managers or general contractors to ensure that accurate forecasts for timeline, budget, and costs are considered for new jobs. They ensure that all financial and transactional data and journal entries input accurately into accounting software, where it is used to maintain financial records and statements, tax reports, and annual budgets. A construction bookkeeper generally works in an office environment and may work part-time or full-time for a construction company or general contractor.
Personality types of a Construction Bookkeeper
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Construction Bookkeeper
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Careful. Cautious and concerned with accuracy.
- Prudent. Judicious and discreet.
- Dependable. Able to be relied upon.
- Compliant. Accepting of rules and systems.
Motivators for a Construction Bookkeeper
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Political: A drive for authority, to take command. To tend to the political drive, provide them opportunities to showcase their leadership abilities.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, have a clear set of standards and practices in place for them to follow.
- Theoretical: A drive to learn and gain new knowledge. To tend to the theoretical drive, facilitate an environment where they can acquire new skills as they work.
Hiring a Construction Bookkeeper?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 60+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions