A virtual assistant is a remote professional that provides administrative support to small business owners, executives, and entrepreneurs. Responsibilities may vary, but most focus on email and calendar management, phone communications, travel arrangements, and social media management. They may also coordinate personal assistant tasks such as dry cleaning pick up. Virtual assistants work remotely from their home office location, and work part-time, full-time, or hourly by contract, depending on the client’s needs.
Personality types of a Virtual Assistant
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Virtual Assistant
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Methodical. Orderly and systematic.
- Attentive. Caring for details and demands.
- Dependable. Able to be relied upon.
- Disciplined. Controlled and orderly.
Motivators for a Virtual Assistant
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Altruistic: A caring drive to benefit and support others. To tend to the altruistic drive, remind them how their role directly helps others.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, provide plenty of structure for them to follow and allow them to create their own systems when necessary.
- Theoretical: A drive to learn and gain new knowledge. To tend to the theoretical drive, assign tasks that allow them to research and learn something new.
Hiring a Virtual Assistant?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 60+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions