Used car sales representatives are responsible for prospecting customers, increasing used car sales, and ensuring customer satisfaction. A used car salesperson may work in a dealership, car lot, or other showroom setting centered on vehicle sales. They generally have outgoing personalities, maintain a professional appearance, have excellent customer service skills, and are strong negotiators. Used car sales representatives greet potential customers, facilitate test drives, assess trade-in values, and more.
Personality types of a Used Car Sales Representative
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Used Car Sales Representative
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Determined. Willful in achieving objectives.
- Persuasive. Able to convince others.
- Spontaneous. Innovative and experimental.
- Easy-going. Informal, not tense or strict.
Motivators for a Used Car Sales Representative
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Economic: A utilitarian drive for results and maximal returns. To tend to the economic drive, provide opportunities for advancement in the organization.
- Individualistic: A drive to be independent, unique and free. To tend to the individualistic drive, allow them to exhibit their own individual sales style in the workplace.
- Political: A drive for authority, to take command. To tend to the political drive, let them mentor and onboard new staff members.
Hiring an Used Car Sales Representative?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 60+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions