Tree climbers specialize in scaling and climbing tall trees to maintain, prune, and remove them for residential and commercial clients. Responsibilities include following directions from the crew leader to perform tree removal and maintenance jobs, using hand and power tools, and adhering to all safety policies and procedures. Duties include performing climb and ground person tasks and removing trees and branches through cabling and rigging techniques. They also use climbing gear and equipment to climb trees with chainsaws, hand saws, and tree trimmers to complete jobs. Tree climbing is labor-intensive work and requires strong communication skills to safely work with all crew members at the job site. This is an entry-level position with no previous experience required. They typically work full-time at dangerous heights and in unfavorable weather conditions.
Personality types of a Tree Climber
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Tree Climber
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Task-oriented. Focused on the big objectives, rather than the humanistic side.
- Attentive. Caring for details and demands.
- Active. Movement/Action oriented.
- Careful. Patient, methodical, cautious.
Motivators for a Tree Climber
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Altruistic: A caring drive to benefit and support others. To tend to the altruistic drive, give them opportunities to collaborate with others.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, create a clear set of procedures and expectations for them to follow.
- Theoretical: A drive to learn and gain new knowledge. To tend to the theoretical drive, provide them with opportunities to learn new things.
Hiring a Tree Climber?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 100+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions