A social media coordinator supports the digital marketing team to build a company's brand awareness and online presence through social media marketing strategies. They work closely with the marketing manager or social media manager to develop social media campaigns, create social media content, monitor and maintain social media platforms, work with online influencers, and regularly report on analytics to achieve company goals.
Personality types of a Social Media Coordinator
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Social Media Coordinator
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Methodical. Orderly and systematic.
- Calm. Restrained and controlled.
- Supportive. Uplifting of others.
- Disciplined. Controlled and orderly.
Motivators for a Social Media Coordinator
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Individualistic: A drive to be independent, unique and free. To tend to the individualistic drive, give them space to coordinate the social media strategy in their own way.
- Political: A drive for authority, to take command. To tend to the political drive, let them voice their opinion and lead content meetings when appropriate.
- Theoretical: A drive to learn and gain new knowledge. To tend to the theoretical drive, assign tasks that require research and a deep-dive into new subject matter.
Hiring a Social Media Coordinator?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 60+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions