A restaurant shift manager works alongside the staff and is in charge of the restaurant during a specific shift. Shift managers make schedules and delegate tasks to employees. If needed, they also take care of other organizational and administrative tasks. They make sure that employees are working as efficiently as possible so that customers get their food and beverages quickly and efficiently. Employees often work with their shift manager on how to solve customer complaints to make sure they have a good experience. For this job, you need to be able to communicate well and keep things organized. Previous experience supervising a team, preferably in fast food or a fast casual restaurant, is desired.
Personality types of a Shift Manager (Quick Service)
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Shift Manager (Quick Service)
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Task-oriented. Focused on the big objectives, rather than the humanistic side.
- Personable. Easy to get along with.
- Proactive. Driven towards action, not reaction.
- Systematic. Creates/follows structured processes.
Motivators for a Shift Manager (Quick Service)
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Economic: A utilitarian drive for results and maximal returns. To tend to the economic drive, recognize them for their contributions to meeting and exceeding team goals.
- Political: A drive for authority, to take command. To tend to the political drive, give them opportunities to showcase their leadership skills.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, let them create their own set of rules and procedures for the team to follow.
Hiring a Shift Manager (Quick Service)?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 100+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions