A service advisor coordinates automotive services and repairs. They help address vehicle performance issues for customers and draft automotive service cost estimates that carefully detail fees for supplies, materials, and time/labor. Service advisors also field customer complaints and offer cost savings or discounts when appropriate. Greeting customers, addressing customer concerns, and ensuring that automotive technicians meet customer needs all fall under a service advisor role. They typically work at new and used car dealerships on a full-time basis.
Personality types of a Service Advisor
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Service Advisor
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Cooperative. Willing to collaborate.
- Prudent. Judicious and discreet.
- Sympathetic. Interested and understanding of others.
- Disciplined. Controlled and orderly.
Motivators for a Service Advisor
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Altruistic: A caring drive to benefit and support others. To tend to the altruistic drive, assign projects that provide value and assistance to both customers and their team.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, give them tasks that have clear and consistent procedures.
- Theoretical: A drive to learn and gain new knowledge. To tend to the theoretical drive, provide ample opportunities to expand their knowledge and grow their skills.
Hiring a Service Advisor?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 100+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions