Rooms division managers are in charge of overseeing the duties of housekeepers and front desk staff in a hotel. Their duties include maintaining quality standards, assigning tasks, reviewing and auditing expenses, and creating an operational strategy to maintain profitability. They also receive VIP guests, respond to guest complaints, and work closely with the general managers. The ideal candidate should be able to lead, work well with others, manage their time well, pay attention to details, put the customer first, and communicate well. This position requires previous supervisory experience, preferably in a hospitality role.
Personality types of a Rooms Division Manager
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Rooms Division Manager
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Assertive. Comfortable inserting opinion or thoughts.
- Personable. Easy to get along with.
- Proactive. Driven towards action, not reaction.
- Organized. Structured and methodical.
Motivators for a Rooms Division Manager
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Economic: A utilitarian drive for results and maximal returns. To tend to the economic drive, give them rewards for leading their team successfully when an event or target goals have been met or exceeded.
- Political: A drive for authority, to take command. To tend to the political drive, provide them with opportunities to lead a team for a common goal like managing a special event.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, allow them to create their own rules and procedures to ensure they are managing their team how they see fit.
Hiring a Rooms Division Manager?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 100+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions