A real estate office manager oversees all administrative functions in a realty office. They are responsible for supervising office staff, handling daily operations, producing and updating MLS listings to track real estate sales, supporting the marketing team, organizing filing systems, and assisting with contracts. They also schedule meetings, purchase office supplies as needed, and complete basic bookkeeping tasks. The real estate office manager reports directly to the real estate broker and usually works in a real estate office.
Personality types of a Real Estate Office Manager
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Real Estate Office Manager
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Determined. Willful in achieving objectives.
- Prudent. Judicious and discreet.
- Accommodating. Making room for others.
- Disciplined. Controlled and orderly.
Motivators for a Real Estate Office Manager
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Political: A drive for authority, to take command. To tend to the political drive, allow them opportunities to run meetings and set guidelines for office workers to follow.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, provide clear structures for them to follow and let them create new organizational procedures for the office.
- Theoretical: A drive to learn and gain new knowledge. To tend to the theoretical drive, assign projects that require them to learn more about the real estate industry or how to develop their skill set.
Hiring a Real Estate Office Manager?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 100+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions