Psychiatrists are medical doctors who diagnose patients' mental health issues and treat them through medication and various forms of therapy. They analyze and evaluate patient data by gathering and maintaining patient information and records, including social or medical history obtained from patients, relatives, or other professionals, or test findings to diagnose the nature or extent of mental disorder. This information is used to design individualized care plans. While psychiatrists use a variety of treatments in their practice, including psychotherapy, they also can prescribe medication for patients. This position requires an MD or DO degree from an accredited medical school with a license to practice medicine in the state where they reside or work.
Personality types of a Psychiatrist
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Psychiatrist
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Deliberate. Careful in decisions and actions.
- Prudent. Judicious and discreet.
- Structured. Organized and systematic.
- Accurate. Insisting on quality and correctness.
Motivators for a Psychiatrist
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Altruistic: A caring drive to benefit and support others. To tend to the altruistic drive, allow them to create action plans based on patient observation to help improve their mental well-being.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, provide opportunities for them to set their own schedules and create their own work procedures.
- Theoretical: A drive to learn and gain new knowledge. To tend to the theoretical drive, give them the chance to pursue professional development opportunities to increase their knowledge.
Hiring a Psychiatrist?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 100+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions