Property managers ensure proper handling of all aspects of commercial or residential rental property management. They market for prospective tenants, oversee property maintenance and manage existing tenants. They are well-versed in competitive properties and are able to establish rental rates by surveying other local rentals and calculating overhead costs, depreciation, taxes, and profit goals. They are able to resolve resident complaints and schedule necessary maintenance with contractors and vendors.
Personality types of a Property Manager
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Property Manager
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Decisive. Quickly deciding on a specific action.
- Interactive. Engaging and expressive.
- Dynamic. Active agents of change.
- Careful. Patient, methodical, cautious.
Motivators for a Property Manager
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Economic: A utilitarian drive for results and maximal returns. To tend to the economic drive,give them back-office support to allow them to stay competitive.
- Political: A drive for authority, to take command. To tend to the political drive,give them opportunities for leadership.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive,give them guidelines to follow.
Hiring a Property Manager?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 60+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions