Pool maintenance technicians specialize in installing, servicing, and repairing swimming pool equipment. They are also responsible for visiting a client's pool facilities to perform routine preventative maintenance tasks, including testing the water chemistry to ensure there's an appropriate balance of chlorine and pH levels, cleaning out the filtration system, and inspecting pool equipment and structure to keep it in working condition. Swimming pool techs advise clients on any repair work or water quality issues they identify. They typically work full-time and use a company vehicle to visit clients.
Personality types of a Pool Maintenance Technician
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Pool Maintenance Technician
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Methodical. Orderly and systematic.
- Attentive. Caring for details and demands.
- Consistent. Reliable and predictable.
- Detail oriented. Attentive to all levels of detail.
Motivators for a Pool Maintenance Technician
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Altruistic: A caring drive to benefit and support others. To tend to the altruistic drive, make sure they understand the contributions they make to the team and the value they bring to customers.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, provide them with a clear set of procedures and expectations to follow.
- Theoretical: A drive to learn and gain new knowledge. To tend to the theoretical drive, allow them to pursue professional development opportunities to learn more about their field.
Hiring a Pool Maintenance Technician?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 100+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions