Personal trainers work with individual gym or fitness studio clients to design customized training and workout plans. They assess the fitness level of each client by evaluating their abilities, physical condition, and overall health to verify that all fitness regimens are appropriate. Additional responsibilities may include cleaning the gym equipment, maintaining the facility's safety protocols, and being available to members seeking advice on lifestyle modifications. Excellent customer service skills and the ability to use social media and networking to promote services and gain new clients are essential for this role.
Personality types of a Personal Trainer
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Personal Trainer
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Self-reliant. Independent and autonomous.
- Inspiring. Creates optimism in others.
- Accommodating. Making room for others.
- Independent. Free to explore and experiment.
Motivators for a Personal Trainer
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Political: A drive for authority, to take command. To tend to the political drive, provide opportunities to take a leadership role or let them act as a teacher for other trainers.
- Altruistic: A caring drive to benefit and support others. To tend to the altruistic drive, allow them to work on solving problems and coming up with creative solutions.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, give them a clear set of guidelines to follow, but allow them to optimize existing procedures.
Hiring a Personal Trainer?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 100+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions