A new car sales representative is a car salesman at a dealership, lot, or showroom that sells new vehicles. They typically work under a sales manager to sell to potential and existing customers delivering a high customer satisfaction level that leads to returning car buyers. They have excellent communication skills and negotiation skills and maintain a professional appearance. They facilitate all aspects of the auto sales process, suggest trade-in values, coordinate and join test drives, present financing options, showcase new car features, and more. They usually work full time with varying evening and weekend hours and earn a salary supplemented by commission from automotive sales and incentives for meeting sales goals.
Personality types of a New Car Sales Representative
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a New Car Sales Representative
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Determined. Willful in achieving objectives.
- Persuasive. Able to convince others.
- Proactive. Driven towards action, not reaction.
- Uninhibited. Not inhibited or restricted.
Motivators for a New Car Sales Representative
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Economic: A utilitarian drive for results and maximal returns. To tend to the economic drive, provide them opportunities for growth and promotion within the dealership.
- Individualistic: A drive to be independent, unique and free. To tend to the individualistic drive, allow them to showcase their sales ability by creating their own process.
- Political: A drive for authority, to take command. To tend to the political drive, find opportunities for them to lead meetings and mentor less experienced sales staff.
Hiring a New Car Sales Representative?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 60+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions