Movers are responsible for the entire moving process for residential and commercial clients. Their primary job is to disassemble, load, organize, and brace light and heavy items into a moving truck for safe transport. Once they reach the new location, they unload and reassemble furniture. This position requires excellent customer service and communication skills to interact with customers, team members, and dispatchers in a professional manner. Movers must be comfortable lifting heavy objects, going up and down flights of stairs, and using hand trucks or dollies to move customers’ belongings for long periods of time. Most moving companies offer part-time and full-time shifts.
Personality types of a Mover
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Mover
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Task-oriented. Focused on the big objectives, rather than the humanistic side.
- Attentive. Caring for details and demands.
- Active. Movement/Action oriented.
- Systematic. Creates/follows structured processes.
Motivators for a Mover
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Altruistic: A caring drive to benefit and support others. To tend to the altruistic drive, give them opportunities to collaborate with others.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, create a clear set of procedures and expectations for them to follow.
- Theoretical: A drive to learn and gain new knowledge. To tend to the theoretical drive, provide them with opportunities to learn new things.
Hiring a Mover?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 100+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions