A mortgage underwriter is responsible for deciding to approve or deny a mortgage loan. Mortgage underwriting is the process a lender uses to determine if the risk of offering a mortgage loan to a particular borrower under certain parameters is acceptable. Most of the risks and terms that underwriters consider fall under the 3 C's of underwriting: credit, capacity, and collateral.
Personality types of a Mortgage Underwriter
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Mortgage Underwriter
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Task-oriented. Focused on the big objectives, rather than humanistic side.
- Stoic. Able to control emotions and passion.
- Structured. Organized and systematic.
- Disciplined. Controlled and orderly.
Motivators for a Mortgage Underwriter
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Political: A drive for authority, to take command. To tend to the political drive, allow them to take leadership.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, give procedures to upkeep to make processes efficient.
- Theoretical: A drive to learn and gain new knowledge. To tend to the theoretical drive, let them constantly learn new rules and laws.
Hiring a Mortgage Underwriter?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 60+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions