A mortgage recruiter leads talent acquisition to hire mortgage professionals such as mortgage loan officers, processors, and underwriters. They collaborate with the hiring managers and branch managers of a company to create a full-cycle recruiting process including candidate sourcing, qualification evaluation, interviewing, and negotiating offers. To source quality candidates, a mortgage recruiter leverages advertising and networking methods to find, attract, and funnel top prospects into the talent pipeline. They also keep detailed records of all applicant communications to foster relationships with job seekers. A mortgage recruiter generally works in an office full-time for a mortgage company, or in the financial services, or real estate industries.
Personality types of a Mortgage Recruiter
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Mortgage Recruiter
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Cooperative. Willing to collaborate.
- Attentive. Caring for details and demands.
- Sympathetic. Interested and understanding of others.
- Accurate. Insisting on quality and correctness.
Motivators for a Mortgage Recruiter
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Political: A drive for authority, to take command. To tend to the political drive, allow them to take the lead on key recruiting initiatives whenever possible.
- Altruistic: A caring drive to benefit and support others. To tend to the altruistic drive, assign projects that demonstrate a benefit to both job seekers and other recruiters.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, provide clear expectations and structure when delegating assignments.
Hiring a Mortgage Recruiter?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 100+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions