A mortgage processing manager directs the workflow and procedures of the loan processing team for residential real estate mortgages. They are responsible for recruiting, hiring, onboarding, training, motivating, and managing all members of the mortgage processing team, and ensuring that all team members adhere to regulatory compliance guidelines. Mortgage processing managers act as sales managers that set daily, monthly, quarterly, and yearly goals for the department and interface regularly with team stakeholders to assure the mortgage closing transaction progresses smoothly. They typically work full-time in an office environment at a mortgage lending institution, bank, or credit union, or at a mortgage company.
Personality types of a Mortgage Processing Manager
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Mortgage Processing Manager
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Assertive. Comfortable inserting opinion or thoughts.
- Optimistic. Views the positive in matters.
- Proactive. Driven towards action, not reaction.
- Accurate. Insisting on quality and correctness.
Motivators for a Mortgage Processing Manager
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Economic: A utilitarian drive for results and maximal returns. To tend to the economic drive, reward them for reaching goals and discuss how their position directly relates to producing results.
- Political: A drive for authority, to take command. To tend to the political drive, allow them to lead team meetings and mentor lower-level mortgage employees.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, provide clear procedures to follow and give them opportunities to create new office protocols as needed.
Hiring a Mortgage Processing Manager?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 60+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions