A mortgage loan shipper delivers mortgage loan files and posts closing mortgage loan packages for distribution. A mortgage shipper is responsible for daily tracking and maintaining the accuracy of post-closing dates, reporting, and quality control review and reconciliation of each loan package. This process is to ensure all title, escrow, investor, and warehouse bank processes are working in tandem for an efficient and accurate real estate purchase. A mortgage loan shipper generally works full-time with a variety of real estate and mortgage professionals such as mortgage loan officers, underwriters, funders, or mortgage closing supervisors, and may work at title companies, escrow companies, financial institutions, credit unions, or warehouse banks.
Personality types of a Mortgage Loan Shipper
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Mortgage Loan Shipper
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Deliberate. Careful in decisions and actions.
- Prudent. Judicious and discreet.
- Supportive. Uplifting of others.
- Perfectionistic. Precise and exacting in their work.
Motivators for a Mortgage Loan Shipper
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Altruistic: A caring drive to benefit and support others. To tend to the altruistic drive, provide opportunities for them to talk with clients and see their work in action.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, give them ample structure and allow them to make their own when appropriate.
- Theoretical: A drive to learn and gain new knowledge. To tend to the theoretical drive, assign them projects that require research and in-depth knowledge.
Hiring a Mortgage Loan Shipper?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 60+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions