A mortgage closing manager oversees and directs the activities of a mortgage loan closing team. They are responsible for hiring, training, and leading closing department staff, overseeing day-to-day operations of the closing department, and ensuring the accuracy and compliance of post-closing mortgage files and documentation in accordance with investor lending guidelines and state and federal regulations. Mortgage closing managers generally work full time at financial institutions such as banks, credit unions, or title companies, but may also work for smaller firms that specialize in real estate or residential mortgage loan lending.
Personality types of a Mortgage Closing Manager
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Mortgage Closing Manager
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Dominant. Having or exerting authority or influence.
- Prudent. Judicious and discreet.
- Supportive. Uplifting of others.
- Accurate. Insisting on quality and correctness.
Motivators for a Mortgage Closing Manager
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Political: A drive for authority, to take command. To tend to the political drive, assign projects where they get to take the lead and show others how the mortgage closing process works.
- Theoretical: A drive to learn and gain new knowledge. To tend to the theoretical drive, give them chances to develop their skillset and grow their knowledge of the mortgage industry.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, provide clear guidelines for workday procedures, and allow them to create their own structure if none exists.
Hiring a Mortgage Closing Manager?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 60+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions