A mortgage closer assembles, inspects, and prepares all critical documentation needed to complete the real estate mortgage loan process. The loan closer works with lenders to evaluate and verify that all terms and closing conditions for the mortgage loan have been satisfied and then initiates the transfer of funds from the buyer to complete the transaction. Mortgage closers typically work full time in an office at a lending institution such as a bank or credit union, but can also be employed by smaller financial institutions such as a mortgage company or mortgage brokerage.
Personality types of a Mortgage Closer
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Mortgage Closer
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Careful. Cautious and concerned with accuracy.
- Demur. Hesitant and unassuming.
- Calm. Steady and tranquil.
- Organized. Structured and methodical.
Motivators for a Mortgage Closer
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Altruistic: A caring drive to benefit and support others. To tend to the altruistic drive, give them opportunities to directly work with clients to ensure they are getting the best help possible.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, provide ample structure and allow them to create their own rules for keeping track of paperwork when appropriate.
- Theoretical: A drive to learn and gain new knowledge. To tend to the theoretical drive, assign tasks that dive deep into research and allow time for question and answer.
Hiring a Mortgage Closer?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 100+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions