A mortgage branch manager is responsible for the daily operation of a mortgage provider, bank, or credit union. They manage all aspects of the branch, including overseeing the compliance, underwriting, operation, sales, and processing teams. Their main objectives include representing and promoting the company brand, building and growing the branch reputation, and monitoring the growth and development of the team to ensure sales goals are met. They generally work full time in the branch with occasional after-hours or off-site meetings.
Personality types of a Mortgage Branch Manager
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Mortgage Branch Manager
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Decisive. Quickly deciding on a specific action.
- Social/Outgoing. Extroverted and people oriented.
- Proactive. Driven towards action, not reaction.
- Disciplined. Controlled and orderly.
Motivators for a Mortgage Branch Manager
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Economic: A utilitarian drive for results and maximal returns. To tend to the economic drive, allow them to present results on the efficiency of their branch.
- Political: A drive for authority, to take command. To tend to the political drive, provide them with opportunities to take charge and run meetings.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, provide ample structure or allow them to create their own.
Hiring a Mortgage Branch Manager?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 100+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions