A mortgage accounting clerk assists mortgage loan officers by completing clerical tasks for real estate mortgage loans. They investigate and verify the accuracy of financial data and record transactions in accounting software and general ledgers. They also prepare reports for the mortgage lending team, reconcile transactional information, and input documentation to support accounts receivable and accounts payable data, such as deposits, receipts, invoices, and disbursements. Mortgage accounting clerks generally work full-time or part-time in an office environment for mortgage companies or financial institutions.
Personality types of a Mortgage Accounting Clerk
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Mortgage Accounting Clerk
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Methodical. Orderly and systematic.
- Attentive. Caring for details and demands.
- Accommodating. Making room for others.
- Systematic. Creates/follows structured processes.
Motivators for a Mortgage Accounting Clerk
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, allow them to create a structure for keeping track of accounting paperwork and create their own organizational systems when appropriate.
- Political: A drive for authority, to take command. To tend to the political drive, let them take charge and regularly present results to the mortgage team.
- Theoretical: A drive to learn and gain new knowledge. To tend to the theoretical drive, provide opportunities for learning more about the mortgage industry and best practices.
Hiring a Mortgage Accounting Clerk?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 100+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions