A medical technician performs and analyzes laboratory tests for viruses, contagions, infection, pathogens, and abnormalities to assist in diagnosing, preventing, and treating disease. They sterilize and organize laboratory equipment to prepare for testing, collect the test tubes with specimens, and process the samples collected to assist pathologists in diagnosis. They work with medical technologists and other laboratory personnel while following strict medical testing, safety, and privacy regulation and policies, including wearing appropriate personal protective equipment at all times. They typically work in a laboratory or clinical environment for a hospital, clinic, blood bank or collection centers, private practice, specimen testing lab, or a specialized clinic.
Personality types of a Medical Technician
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Medical Technician
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Deliberate. Careful in decisions and actions.
- Attentive. Caring for details and demands.
- Consistent. Reliable and predictable.
- Perfectionistic. Precise and exacting in their work.
Motivators for a Medical Technician
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Altruistic: A caring drive to benefit and support others. To tend to the altruistic drive, let them undertake projects that provide value and assistance to the overall team.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, assign them tasks with clear structure and guidance.
- Theoretical: A drive to learn and gain new knowledge. To tend to the theoretical drive, encourage them to sharpen their skills, learn more about the field, and grow professionally.
Hiring a Medical Technician?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 60+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions