A maintenance technician is responsible for ensuring that a facility operates efficiently. They inspect buildings for structural damage including windows, doors, and walls conduct routine maintenance on equipment and systems such as HVAC units, plumbing fixtures, and electrical wiring and make necessary repairs. Maintenance technicians also develop and implement preventative maintenance measures to ensure the longevity of facility equipment and reduce safety risk. A maintenance technician may work full time or part time for a maintenance company or a specific business.
Personality types of a Maintenance Technician
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Maintenance Technician
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Deliberate. Careful in decisions and actions.
- Calm. Restrained and controlled.
- Accommodating. Making room for others.
- Detail oriented. Attentive to all levels of detail.
Motivators for a Maintenance Technician
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Altruistic: A caring drive to benefit and support others. To tend to the altruistic drive, assign tasks that directly help customers.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, provide plenty of structure for them to follow.
- Theoretical: A drive to learn and gain new knowledge. To tend to the theoretical drive, give opportunities for them to learn and grow their knowledge of maintenance techniques.
Hiring a Maintenance Technician?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 100+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions