A legal records manager is responsible for maintaining records management systems for law firms and legal corporations. They act as archivists for sensitive and confidential data including legal and medical records, and health information. The person in this position must follow consistent and stringent document management methods and organization for paper and electronic records. By reviewing current data, they ensure the accuracy, track the current location of on and off-site records, and document the destruction of files. Additionally, the legal records manager works to improve current record-keeping processes and filing systems. A legal records manager typically works full-time for a law firm or for corporations in the public and private sectors.
Personality types of a Legal Records Manager
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Legal Records Manager
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Deliberate. Careful in decisions and actions.
- Prudent. Judicious and discreet.
- Reserved. Careful in expression and opinion.
- Accurate. Insisting on quality and correctness.
Motivators for a Legal Records Manager
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Altruistic: A caring drive to benefit and support others. To tend to the altruistic drive, assign tasks that will directly help the legal team and their clients.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, give them plenty of structure and allow them to create more if needed.
- Theoretical: A drive to learn and gain new knowledge. To tend to the theoretical drive, provide opportunities for them to develop their skills and gain more legal knowledge so they can grow professionally.
Hiring a Legal Records Manager?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 100+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions