A legal managing partner is a senior attorney on the management team and one of the primary business partners responsible for running a law firm. They're responsible for the firm's day-to-day operations, business plans, company policies, and profitability. Job duties also include human resources tasks such as hiring and training new attorneys and staff, assisting with reviews and promotions, determining attorney salaries and billing rates. Aside from their managerial responsibilities, they also handle strategic planning to reach business development and public relations goals. A legal managing partner typically works full-time for a law firm but can also work for a corporation or non-profit organization.
Personality types of a Legal Managing Partner
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Legal Managing Partner
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Commanding. A presence of control and authority.
- Persuasive. Able to convince others.
- Proactive. Driven towards action, not reaction.
- Organized. Structured and methodical.
Motivators for a Legal Managing Partner
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Economic: A utilitarian drive for results and maximal returns. To tend to the economic drive, give them an opportunity to work on projects the contribute to the bottom line.
- Political: A drive for authority, to take command. To tend to the political drive, provide opportunities to grow their legal career and management skills.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, provide a structure in the workplace and procedures to follow.
Hiring a Legal Managing Partner?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 60+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions