Presents leasing properties to prospective tenants
Top Leasing Agents market to locate prospective residents, conduct property tours, prepare lease agreements and exhibit top-notch problem-solving skills to improve resident retention rates.
Top tasks for a Leasing Agent
- Create and maintain relationships with renters
- Market and show properties to prospective tenants
Hiring a Leasing Agent
There are 2 types of Leasing Agents: problem solvers and unit pushers. Find out the difference from Matt Easton, founder of Leasing University. Top talent can be found by 'selling' the role to them in a good job ad, but first outline your goals and expectations in your job description.
Leasing Agent Job Description Vs. Job Ad
The job description for an inside sales agent is an internal document to be used inside your organization to define the expectations and the ideal candidate for the role. From the job description, you can build your public-facing job ad to advertise on job boards to sell candidates to join your company.
- INTERNAL USE
- Used only by me and my team
Property Owner or Board
To handle all aspects of managing existing tenants and prospecting for new ones. To show properties to prospects and secure leases. To maximize asset value, customer satisfaction and revenue.
- Respond to all rental inquiries within 24 hours
- Achieve 90% or higher occupancy rate on all units
- Report accurate prospecting activity monthly
- Maintain 80% or higher show rating on appointments
- Conduct quarterly surveys of competing properties
- Show prospective tenants properties and highlight the provided amenities to help ensure rental contract
- Research local rental rates and calculate costs to determine fair and competitive pricing
- Use a variety of social media and company’s website to display potential properties to help prompt quick turn around
- Question prospective clients on their needs, wants, and available finances to find properties that fit these needs
- Verify all rental applications and personal references are true and accurate
- Work with tenants by negotiating leases and collecting security deposits in order to close the deal
- Complete property inspections and any required maintenance in accordance with our standards
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Rapport building and active listening
- Objection handling
- Clear communication skills
- Calendar management
- Real Estate License or willing to obtain one
- Good knowledge of leasing rules and regulations
- Methodical. Orderly and systematic.
- Collaborative. Works well with others.
- Dependable. Able to be relied upon.
- Detail oriented. Attentive to all levels of detail.
- Since they have an economic and utilitarian drive for results and maximum returns, share details about your back office support that will keep them selling.
- To satisfy their individualistic drive to be independent, unique and free, offer a supportive yet flexible team environment with optional accountability.
- Share the importance of keeping up with trends and conducting research to satisfy their theoretical drive for knowledge and learning.
- EXTERNAL USE
- Seen by candidates
(Alternative Job Title - Real Estate Rental Agent, Real Estate Leasing Agent, Rental Agent, Leasing Manager)
We are seeking a talented Rental/Leasing Agent to join our thriving team! The ideal candidate for leasing properties will enjoy fast-paced work, show creativity and have a high degree of professionalism when working with our residents. The Rental Agent is responsible for creating and maintaining successful relationships with landlords and closing rental inquiries efficiently. If you’re an enthusiastic, perceptive individual who’s eager to make an impact in the lives of others and aspires to build a career around the creation and cultivation of meaningful relationships, our dynamic, customer-oriented position is perfect for you!
- Present properties and provided amenities in a positive light to prospective tenants to help secure rental agreement
- Establish rental rates by researching local markets and calculating costs to ensure fair and accurate pricing
- Advertise available properties using a variety of media and promotional materials to help secure quick rentals of all properties
- Determine the needs, living standards and economic viability of customers in order to match those needs to a property
- Confirm rental application data and personal references to ensure accuracy
- Negotiate leasing terms and conditions and close the deal
- Ensure proper maintenance and inspect properties periodically to maintain our level of company standards
- Hold current Real Estate License or work to attain one
- Working knowledge of real estate law and leasing practices
- Past sales experience is preferred
- Ability to use computer programs such as Microsoft Office, Excel and Publisher
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
$42,500 (National Average)
Hiring a Leasing Agent?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 60+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions